Since 2005, Ashburn’s sauces have won numerous awards, including several Scovie Awards and awards from the Virginia’s Finest organization. The Scovie Awards, given by the Fiery Foods and Barbecue Annual Show, are the equivalent to the Oscars for sauce makers. The Virginia’s Finest awards are presented at the biannual Virginia Food and Beverage Expo, which showcases Virginia food and beverage products to buyers for grocery and specialty stores, restaurants, hotels and institutions, as well as distributors and brokers.
- 2014 Best New Product Overall: Crabby Mary Bloody Mary Mix
- 2012 Best New Beverage: Clammy Mary Bloody Mary Mix
- 2009 First Place Scovie Award: Sassy Mary
- 2006 Grand Prize Scovie Award: Bucking Willy’s Sassy Luau Sauce
- 2006 3rd place Scovie Award: Bucking Willy’s Steak Sauce
- 2006 Scovie Award Winner: Bucking Willy’s Mango Heat
“Winning the Grand Prize of the 2006 Scovie Awards has put my company [Ashburn Sauce Company] and myself into another league in the sauce world and has opened a lot more doors.” –Willard Ashburn, Ashburn Sauce Company
- 2014 2nd place Bloody Mary Championships [Rehoboth Beach, DE] for Sassy Mary
- 2013 1st Place Bloody Mary Championships [Rehoboth Beach, DE] for Sassy Mary
- 2012 1st place Bloody Mary Championships [Rehoboth Beach, DE] for Sassy Mary
- 2005 1st Place Pungo BBQ Championship – Sassy Mary Premium Bloody Mix.
- 2016 Best of Virginia Beach Award for Catering